The summer transfer window has closed throughout Europe, but there are still moves in the works and plenty of gossip swirling around. Transfer Talk brings you all the latest buzz on rumours, comings, goings and, of course, done deals!
TOP STORY: Real, Barca ramp up Jesus interest
Real Madrid and Barcelona are keeping tabs on Arsenal striker Gabriel Jesus, according to AS.
The 26-year-old Brazil international was the star man for the Gunners on Tuesday as he registered a goal and an assist in the 2-1 Champions League win over Sevilla, scoring his third goal of the competition in as many games.
It is reported that both LaLiga sides were keen on Jesus before he completed the switch to the Emirates Stadium from Manchester City for £45 million in July 2022, and he remains a player on their radar who they are following closely.
Los Blancos have recently been reported to be on the lookout for a striker as they continue their search for a long-term replacement for Karim Benzema, who joined Al Ittihad in June, while they were also closely linked with Paris Saint-Germain superstar Kylian Mbappé before he decided to renew his contract at the Parc des Princes.
– Stream on ESPN+: LaLiga, Bundesliga & more (U.S.)
– Read on ESPN+: Projecting how USMNT stars will do at new Euro clubs
– Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola is interested in signing Bayern Munich attacking midfielder Jamal Musiala, reveals Bild’s Christian Falk. Impressive recent form for the Bundesliga side has seen a number of clubs linked with his signature, with it reported that the Citizens are alongside Real Madrid and Liverpool in the queue to land him. The 20-year-old scored in Bayern’s 3-1 Champions League win over Galatasaray on Tuesday.
– AC Milan are planning to hand left-back Theo Hernández a new contract this season, according to Calciomercato. The 26-year-old has previously been on the radar of Paris Saint-Germain and, after he signed extended terms until 2026 last season, it is said that the Rossoneri could consider talks in the spring to extend his stay at the San Siro. He has made 10 appearances across all competitions this season.
– RB Leipzig striker Timo Werner isn’t considering a move away despite being unhappy with his gametime, reports Sky Sports Deutschland’s Florian Plettenberg. Eintracht Frankfurt are believed to be one of the sides who have shown interest in the 27-year-old, but the latest indicates that his priority is to stay and fight for his place. He has made just one league start this season.
– Former Olympiacos defender Sokratis Papastathopoulos is on the verge of completing a move to LaLiga side Real Betis. The 38-year-old, who has previously played for Arsenal, was reported to have been considered as a potential option for Bayern Munich, but Los Verdiblancos are said to have advanced after the Bundesliga champions didn’t proceed with a signing. Sokratis is set to undergo his medical on Thursday.
– Multiple clubs in Europe are interested in Schalke 04 midfielder Assan Ouedraogo, reveals Sky Sports Deutschland’s Florian Plettenberg. Liverpool and AC Milan are reported to be two of the sides keen on the 17-year-old’s signature, but there is also interest domestically from Bayern Munich and Eintracht Frankfurt, who are said to have made an official enquiry over a potential transfer. Ouedraogo has made 10 appearances in Germany’s second division this season.